Car In Garage Catches East Redding House On Fire

An east Redding house was damaged by a fire in the garage. At 10:30 Thursday night, Redding Fire Department was dispatched to 1669 Galaxy Way. They found the garage fully involved, with flames starting to spread into the main part of the house. The smoke detectors worked and all three occupants escaped the house safely. The fire was under control in about 30 minutes, with another two hours for mop-up. Damage is estimated at $375,000 to the house and another $100,000 worth of contents. The cause was apparently a mechanical problem with the car that was parked in the garage.