Crews Contain Fire Sparked By Faulty Water Heater In West Redding

Redding Fire Investigators say a faulty water heater in a laundry room is to blame for a fire that damaged a West Redding house Friday morning. Firefighters arrived at 2036 Placer Street to find heavy smoke pouring from the two story house, with most of the smoke and flames seen at the rear of the house. The fire was brought under control within 10 minutes and prevented from spreading to the second story. The 2 occupants got out safely before the engines got there. Most of the damage was to the laundry room and the kitchen, with an estimated value of $50,000 to the structure and another $10,000 to the contents.

Several fires broke out Sunday morning near Hermosa Way and Bonita Way, which is in the neighborhood between Churn Creek Bottom and Airport Road. The fires were stopped after burning about an acre.

A vegetation fire off Derby Lane in Red Bluff Monday morning was stopped at around 3 acres.