Firefighters Douse Trailer Fire Sparked By Propane Heater

Redding Fire officials say the location of a travel trailer fire in North Redding Wednesday morning has seen multiple fires over the last few years, and code enforcement will be following up. Firefighters responded shortly after 6AM to the end of Peterson Lane off Lake Boulevard. They found a fully involved travel trailer, with flames spreading to other abandoned trailers and piles of garbage. It took about 20 minutes to bring the fire under control. It was apparently caused by a malfunctioning portable propane heater. The value of the damage is estimated at $1,500. A 55-year-old man was transported to a hospital with burns.