Unattended Candle Sparks Fire That Burns Homeless Person

A fire tore through a homeless camp in North Redding Monday morning, injuring one person. At 7:30AM Redding Fire Department was dispatched to the wooded area on the Sulphur Creek Hill west of North Market Street. They found a camp well involved in fire with flames spreading to vegetation. The fire was contained quickly to about a 20 by 20 foot area. One person was transported to a hospital by ambulance with a burned hand. An investigation determined the fire had been caused by a candle left burning unattended inside a tent.